MyCamgirl is an adult site focused on webcam sites and webcam models. It was launched in 2007 as MyWebGirl on April 2, 2007, changing its name to MyCamgirl in 2008.
Back in 2007, there were not many sites, blogs, or forums about camgirls.
One of the problems I faced when I started using webcam sites was frustration after many private chats. While everything on the internet had reviews and opinions that you could read and make an educated decision before putting your money on it, camsites and camgirls had almost nothing. If you wanted to know anything about rates, performances, fan clubs, etc., people didn't have many options other than a few promotional blogs and automated forums with pre-made "reviews."
That was the main reason for MyCamgirl's inception. MyCamgirl came as my take on this situation, setting the main goal to provide honest and exclusive reviews about camgirls. I wanted to let people feel informed and help them finding camgirls that can give good experiences.
In my opinion, a review site was a perfect idea.
In the first two years (2007-2008), I focused on reviews. But in 2009, I decided to improve the "quality of service" by launching Camsites Where She Works (CWSW) to help people find the missing camgirls. At that moment, MyCamgirl was no longer just a review site about camgirls.
In 2011, I launched the Stats, allowing people to follow the camgirls' activities on camsites.
Those services added great value to MyCamgirl's project.
- April 2, 2007: MyCamgirl is created using Blogger platform under the name of MyWebGirl and the first review is published.
- January 22, 2008: The first lesbian review is published.
- February 1, 2008: The blog is moved to ThumBlogger, a free blog service for adult blogs only, and is renamed to MyCamgirl.
- Apr 13, 2009: MyCamgirl joins Twitter.
- April 20, 2008: A visitor posts the first comment.
- March 3, 2008: The 25th review is published.
- April 15, 2008: MyCamgirl increases its daily views 100 times.
- April 19, 2008: The 50th review is published.
- May 25, 2009: The 100th review is published.
- July 6, 2009: The domain MyCamgirl.net is registered.
- July 8, 2009: The site moves to its own server and no longer uses a free service blog hosting.
- July 20, 2009: After 2 weeks of being developed and tested, Camsite Where She Works is launched in beta version.
- September 5, 2009: For the first time, a camsite offers free credits to MyCamgirl to have their models reviewed.
- September 28, 2009: The 150th review is published.
- March 2, 2010: Comment rating is launched. People can now give a thumb up or down on comments.
- July 29, 2010: The 200th review is published.
- December 13, 2010: My Miss Camgirl (1st edition), with 19 camgirls. Mila Milan is the winner.
- March 5, 2011: Anyone can now add new models to Camsites Where She Works database.
- August 18, 2011: Reporting comments and nicknames on CWSW is available.
- August 22, 2011: MyFreeCams bios and stats section is launched.
- August 31, 2011: Attaching pictures to comments is available.
- January 7, 2012: Member login is launched. On the same day, the first member creates a profile and a camgirl gets a verified status.
- January 10, 2012: My Miss Camgirl (2nd edition), with 15 camgirls. AmberCutie is the winner.
- February 8, 2012: Members can now reply to comments.
- February 24, 2012: Streamate bio and stats section is launched.
- March 11, 2012: Cams.com bio and stats section is launched.
- June 21, 2012: LiveJasmin bio and stats section is launched.
- July 20, 2012: ImLive bio and stats section is launched.
- February 10, 2014: Chaturbate bio and stats section is launched.
- May 10, 2019: MyCamgirl goes through its biggest revamp, changing backend and frontend.
- June 10, 2020: MyCamgirl gets a logo animation.
- January 20, 2021: Flirt 4 Free and StripChat bio and stats section are launched.