Discussion about April, camming since 2019

124»

Comments

• I messaged April on LiveJasmin and told her she should ditch studios and work on her own. She said, not possible. The only reason for her saying this is if she's in financial turmoil or as I said, she can't escape whatever situation she's in. Either way, it's pretty sad that a beautiful woman can be so easily taken advantage of by her colleagues. They all look like a bunch of village idiots to be honest.
    While that is a nice thought, these girls sign contracts with the studio that would prevent them from doing so.

Just another way these girls are victimized and taken advantage of. There's no way they have an attorney look over the contract before they sign. God only knows what is in there.

Although I'm sure if a legit lawyer were to look it over they'd be able to find a loophole or 10 that could free them.
    Jimmy Two Times
  • Well, looks like Allure Studio is giving it another go trying to get a girl back on MFC.

Much like they tried with the SofiBlooom account, the former GinaSpade/ValkyriEva is broadcasting on MFC now as EvaBumm.

If you check AdultWork, she's still with the studio, but it has her country as Romania and says she's accessing from France.

https://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=6863664

Will she suffer the same fate as Sofi? 
    ClarkWGriswold
  • edited April 23
    I messaged April on LiveJasmin and told her she should ditch studios and work on her own. She said, not possible. The only reason for her saying this is if she's in financial turmoil or as I said, she can't escape whatever situation she's in. Either way, it's pretty sad that a beautiful woman can be so easily taken advantage of by her colleagues. They all look like a bunch of village idiots to be honest.
    While that is a nice thought, these girls sign contracts with the studio that would prevent them from doing so.

Just another way these girls are victimized and taken advantage of. There's no way they have an attorney look over the contract before they sign. God only knows what is in there.

Although I'm sure if a legit lawyer were to look it over they'd be able to find a loophole or 10 that could free them.
    Scam_Models makes a good point about not being able to escape the situation. The sad reality is most of the time a stable life doesn't lead a girl to get into this line of work. Sure, there can be some nice perks and they can make good money, etc., but some of their backstories are incredibly sad.

Then you take into account her "boyfriend" works at the studio and you can see the difficulties that leaving would entail. I'm sure even with as little common sense as he seems to have, he probably realizes if she ever leaves the studio they don't have much of a future together. Then it would be back to harassing other models and hoping he can trap one in his web like he did April.

And unfortunately, that's what these kinds of people do. They sniff out vulnerable people they can take advantage of, and have no issue doing so.
    ClarkWGriswold
  • edited April 24
    Well, looks like Allure Studio is giving it another go trying to get a girl back on MFC.

Much like they tried with the SofiBlooom account, the former GinaSpade/ValkyriEva is broadcasting on MFC now as EvaBumm.

If you check AdultWork, she's still with the studio, but it has her country as Romania and says she's accessing from France.

https://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=6863664

Will she suffer the same fate as Sofi? 
    Some of the models in Allure work from Romania. Tiffany, Gina/Eva, Juliafendi, and Liliraider all work in Romania. Could be more, but I have not seen them or even know if they are with Allure. There are the girls that travel to Romania and back to Ukraine that will cam in both places. I know Kelsi does both.

Sofi wasn't the only girl that tried, AriellaRox also tried for a couple days on MFC then was gone. There are other accounts of Allures that are still active on MFC but have not been logged in for many months if not a year or more. I have almost a dozen still on my friends list. I Assume if Allure tries to use these accounts, they would be shut down also.

This is an assumption, but I think all the girls could go back to working on MFC, but they would have to start individual accounts (if this doesn't violate having multiple account policy). There is also the possibility for them to separate their old accounts from Allure studio account. I have seen girls do this in the past. 
    Jimmy Two TimesClarkWGriswold
  • Also interesting that it appears they are trying to get brand new models on MFC.

CherieDane. who is part of the Allure Studio group on AdultWork and has been broadcasting on Chaturbate just started broadcasting on MyFreeCams today. 

https://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=7730093

It looks like there are quite a few profiles of new models set up on the Allure page on AdultWork. Be interesting to see if they start broadcasting on MFC soon and if they stick around.
    ClarkWGriswold
  • Also interesting that it appears they are trying to get brand new models on MFC.

CherieDane. who is part of the Allure Studio group on AdultWork and has been broadcasting on Chaturbate just started broadcasting on MyFreeCams today. 

https://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=7730093

It looks like there are quite a few profiles of new models set up on the Allure page on AdultWork. Be interesting to see if they start broadcasting on MFC soon and if they stick around.
    That was fast. I went to add MFC to Cherie's profile on here and the account was already deleted. According to her MFC stats on this site, she lasted about 90 minutes before they zapped her account: https://mycamgirl.net/stats/myfreecams/cheriedane

Same with the EvaBumm account. Gone.

This should remove any doubt about Allure Studio ever returning to MyFreeCams. At least, legitimately.
    TomcatJimmy Two Times
  • According to her MFC stats on this site, she lasted about 90 minutes
    And the 44 minutes she spent in private/group are gone. She will never be paid for that. I wonder why MFC approves a new account for a model/studio they don't want on the site only to ban them almost immediately after getting online for the first time.

ClarkWGriswoldJimmy Two Times
  • Tomcat said:
    According to her MFC stats on this site, she lasted about 90 minutes
    And the 44 minutes she spent in private/group are gone. She will never be paid for that. I wonder why MFC approves a new account for a model/studio they don't want on the site only to ban them almost immediately after getting online for the first time.

Just a guess on my part, but EvaBumm was broadcasting from a new studio, with what I'm assuming was a new IP address. Cherie was a new girl with what I'm assuming was a new IP address broadcasting from a recognized Allure Studio room. 

Might have taken them a bit to realize this. Or maybe they were reported. Whatever it is, they are on MFC's radar.

And that was my first thought when I saw those private/group numbers. All of those earnings are gone.

Jimmy Two Times
  • Just in case anybody was wondering how a girl can get caught up in this world, this is from Allure's public Instagram account. (This has been run through a translator, obviously.)

Girl sees the studio's post on social media, girl gets curious as to what Allure Studio is. So she asks a question, and Allure responds that they are simply a modeling agency who work with girls to make money.

Deceit right from the start.  ;)
    CharmedClarkWGriswold
  • edited April 29
    But they can work in the most beautiful office in town!!! Hahahaha I laugh at this. We will pay you a little more than minimum wage to get naked and get demeaned by all the nasty males that visit all the different sites you will have to work to make a small living. We can sell you booze to help you forget your misery and deduct it from your salary. We can sell you toys and wipes and deduct it from your salary. We can even advance you money on your salary. Now Pay day is here and there is no salary since you used it up on booze, clothing, toys, and wipes to keep yourself clean. Have a nice day, and see you tomorrow and don't forget your smile.

Now all this will repeat itself and it is a never ending cycle. At least the toys will last a while, just hope you clean them well. The studio probably keeps the sanitary wipes companies in business. 

Has anyone noticed that these studios buy the cheapest toilet paper. I don't know how many girls I see with bits of toilet paper when they remove their panties. I laugh at this every time. Come on Studios, buy decent toilet paper for your models. You could invest in some Bidet's.
    You have all those sanitary wipes, use those. Teach these girls basic hygiene. "Wipe front to back" "Less make-up is better" 
    Jimmy Two Times
  • Girl sees the studio's post on social media, girl gets curious as to what Allure Studio is. So she asks a question, and Allure responds that they are simply a modeling agency who work with girls to make money.
    Well, but to be fair, because of the law, they can't really publicly say they are a cam studio.
    But yeah, deceiving ads is one of the ways to recruit models. I remember a small studio that used to post pictures of their models flashing cash on Instagram to attract new models. And it worked. Every week they had new girls knocking on the door ready to give a try.

• Tomcat said:
    Girl sees the studio's post on social media, girl gets curious as to what Allure Studio is. So she asks a question, and Allure responds that they are simply a modeling agency who work with girls to make money.
    Well, but to be fair, because of the law, they can't really publicly say they are a cam studio.
    But yeah, deceiving ads is one of the ways to recruit models. I remember a small studio that used to post pictures of their models flashing cash on Instagram to attract new models. And it worked. Every week they had new girls knocking on the door ready to give a try.

Oh, they have those photos of models with wads of money, along with whatever designer handbags, purses, whatever else they can use to entice new girls.

And the amount of turnover this studio has had the past couple of months makes me think some of them didn't quite reach those dreams...
    ClarkWGriswold
  • I've got to hand it to this studio. They are persistent. Dumb, but persistent.

SexySusan is broadcasting on MFC: https://profiles.myfreecams.com/SexySusan

Yet another new model from Allure Studio they are trying to sneak on. Here is her profile on Adult Work, part of the Allure Studio group: https://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=7741601

And here she is on Chaturbate: https://chaturbate.com/Karlysven

Check out her stats from mycamgirl: https://mycamgirl.net/stats/myfreecams/sexysusan
    Whatever she earned, that will be gone when MFC figures her out and bans her. Those privates and groups, she'll get no money for those.

Quite a caring studio. They know what the outcome will be, but they sacrifice her earnings to have her broadcast on MFC. For what? They know they always get caught.

They can't keep her just on Adult Work and Chaturbate and if they want a third site try something like StripChat where they aren't banned? But no, they have to try to be sneaky and screw another girl out of her earnings when she gets caught.
    ClarkWGriswoldTomcat
  • I have a question. With the shit that is happening now in Odessa, how can this studio continue to operate normally like nothing is happening? They bombed the city multiple times last week and it is one of the main "cities to capture". It is an unstable situation. Many people far from the front line have fled to other countries. But somehow everyone in this studio is still there. It is not like they are staying to fight and defend their country. They are just carrying on with their lives like nothing. It is a strange scenario.

• WhatHank said:
    I have a question. With the shit that is happening now in Odessa, how can this studio continue to operate normally like nothing is happening? They bombed the city multiple times last week and it is one of the main "cities to capture". It is an unstable situation. Many people far from the front line have fled to other countries. But somehow everyone in this studio is still there. It is not like they are staying to fight and defend their country. They are just carrying on with their lives like nothing. It is a strange scenario.

If they're going to stay in Odessa they still have bills to pay. Have to make their money.
    Jimmy Two Times
  • I've got to hand it to this studio. They are persistent. Dumb, but persistent.

Yet another new model from Allure Studio they are trying to sneak on. Here is her profile on Adult Work, part of the Allure Studio group: https://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=7741601

Check out her stats from mycamgirl: https://mycamgirl.net/stats/myfreecams/sexysusan
    Whatever she earned, that will be gone when MFC figures her out and bans her. Those privates and groups, she'll get no money for those.

Quite a caring studio. They know what the outcome will be, but they sacrifice her earnings to have her broadcast on MFC. For what? They know they always get caught.

They can't keep her just on Adult Work and Chaturbate and if they want a third site try something like StripChat where they aren't banned? But no, they have to try to be sneaky and screw another girl out of her earnings when she gets caught.
    MFC is all over this studio, lol.

SexySusan is already banned. Like you said, she won't get any of the money she earned during her few days on MFC.

Models often get accused of being scammers. Sure seems like Allure Studio is scamming these models by having them broadcast on MyFreeCams knowing they won't get to keep any tips once they get caught and banned.

Add in that shady Instagram answer from above, the rules they knowingly broke by having a man on camera, and I don't know why you would trust Allure Studio.

And these are just the instances we know about, imagine what goes on behind the scenes.
    Jimmy Two Times
  • WhatHank said:
    I have a question. With the shit that is happening now in Odessa, how can this studio continue to operate normally like nothing is happening? They bombed the city multiple times last week and it is one of the main "cities to capture". It is an unstable situation. Many people far from the front line have fled to other countries. But somehow everyone in this studio is still there. It is not like they are staying to fight and defend their country. They are just carrying on with their lives like nothing. It is a strange scenario.

It is their home. It is where their family is. A lot of people in this situation refuse to leave. It is just human nature. 
  • WhatHank said:

These girls have families. Even if the studio relocates, most of them won't be able to follow the studio. They either stay in Odessa with their families or leave their families behind. Taking families with them is not an option.
    The studio itself... I think the whole trouble of moving the studio is the only reason the studio decided to stay. The girls won't move with them, which would force them to recruit new girls. Plus, setting up a new location, decoration, equipment, etc. Big investment. Based on what people say here, this studio seems to be the type that would relocate and dump all girls if this were strategically and financially wise. But since this is not a good idea, they stay in Odessa.

Jimmy Two Times
  • And the amount of turnover this studio has had the past couple of months makes me think some of them didn't quite reach those dreams...
    From the cases I know, the girls that quit shortly after are due to studios not telling them what they really need to do on cam. Many girls are naive and clueless and go there thinking they will be models, answer phone calls, or just chat. Then comes the first day and a guy asks them to get naked and shove things in their pussies. Most jump ship.
    This seems to be common in Ukraine and Russia, where many studios don't openly say what they do. But in Romania for example, a girl going to a job interview in a studio knows exactly what the job is about. The turnover rate is lower there.

• Quite a caring studio. They know what the outcome will be, but they sacrifice her earnings to have her broadcast on MFC. For what? They know they always get caught.
    The studio may be conducting trial-and-error tests to figure out what can bypass the MFC ban. Maybe they are rotating VPNs, providing different documents, using new computers, or different rooms. Or they could just keep trying, hoping that at some point, MFC will stop banning.
    Jimmy Two Times said:
    That is beyond my understanding. MFC is a good site to make money, but it isn't a sure thing in terms of good income. The site is not even the most popular. At least two other sites (Chaturbate and StripChat) have a lot more traffic than MFC, and there are a few others that may not have the same traffic but can be as good as MFC. They have plenty of options. But they insist on putting their models on a site where they are not welcomed.
    Sometimes I wonder if the studio figured out some magic formula/trick/scam on MFC and will try anything to continue on the site. It is intriguing that their models who were in the top 100 struggle to make any money on other sites. If they are that good, why can't they repeat the success on another site?

Jimmy Two Times

MFC is all over this studio, lol.

SexySusan is already banned. Like you said, she won't get any of the money she earned during her few days on MFC.

Models often get accused of being scammers. Sure seems like Allure Studio is scamming these models by having them broadcast on MyFreeCams knowing they won't get to keep any tips once they get caught and banned.

Add in that shady Instagram answer from above, the rules they knowingly broke by having a man on camera, and I don't know why you would trust Allure Studio.

And these are just the instances we know about, imagine what goes on behind the scenes.
    Damn, they are getting quick with spotting the Allure models. I thought she might last another day or 2. :D

And shady is a good word to describe them and the people in charge. It would be great if any girl thinking about joining the studio could find this thread (and use Google Translate) to get a good idea of what they are really signing up for.
    ClarkWGriswold
  • Tomcat said:
    The studio may be conducting trial-and-error tests to figure out what can bypass the MFC ban. Maybe they are rotating VPNs, providing different documents, using new computers, or different rooms. Or they could just keep trying, hoping that at some point, MFC will stop banning.

They are definitely trying out different VPNs. One of the features on AdultWork is if you scroll down toward the bottom on a models page you will see their country and nationality listed, as well as where they are broadcasting from. I have seen girls have several different countries listed as the location where they are broadcasting from over the past few weeks. The girls room never changes, so they're definitely trying to get around the ban that way.

Tomcat said:
    Jimmy Two Times said:
    That is beyond my understanding. MFC is a good site to make money, but it isn't a sure thing in terms of good income. The site is not even the most popular. At least two other sites (Chaturbate and StripChat) have a lot more traffic than MFC, and there are a few others that may not have the same traffic but can be as good as MFC. They have plenty of options. But they insist on putting their models on a site where they are not welcomed.
    Sometimes I wonder if the studio figured out some magic formula/trick/scam on MFC and will try anything to continue on the site. It is intriguing that their models who were in the top 100 struggle to make any money on other sites. If they are that good, why can't they repeat the success on another site?
    All that is true about the traffic to those other sites, but I believe the one advantage MFC has is the new model tag, and I think Allure figured it out.

This is conjecture on my part, but Allure used to pair up a new model with a more established model to do shows together on MFC. That way a new model could be seen by the veteran's tippers. And anybody on MFC who searches for new models could come upon an older model they might not have known about. Mutually beneficial.

Since all the girls are on different sites now, it seems like they don't have as many girl/girl shows. They have AprilWong and AlishaBell, AprilWong and AlishaBell and MiaMuse, and MilaVox and MiaMuse, but outside of them, there haven't been any girl/girl pairings since they were banned by MFC.

As for why they struggle on other sites, I think they stink at social media. Besides appealing to MFC when they were banned, none of the girls used Twitter for anything other than the automated MFC messages. Even then, it was probably someone from the studio handling their account when they tweeted at MFC.

Most of them have work Instagram accounts, but almost all are private. Additionally, only a few of the girls use OnlyFans. AprilWong and MilaVox both made posts alluding to being gone from MFC at one point on OF, and there were followers there who didn't even know they were gone.

The average viewer probably still has no idea what happened to them, unless they have found this thread.
    ClarkWGriswold
  • All that is true about the traffic to those other sites, but I believe the one advantage MFC has is the new model tag, and I think Allure figured it out.
    LiveJasmin and StripChat have the new model tag, too. Streamate has a page only for new models (though new models don't appear with a badge).
    Although I find the new model tag a good feature, I don't see this having so much impact.

Since all the girls are on different sites now, it seems like they don't have as many girl/girl shows.
    They are on different sites because the studio decided to spread them across multiple sites.
    I think Chaturbate is saturated, but StripChat could work. Allure could put all its models there and use the same strategy they used on MFC. Honestly, the studio handled the ban poorly. Over two months after the ban, the studio still scrambles to figure out what to do. Their only plan seems to be to bypass the ban somehow and bring back the girls to MFC.
    I think they stink at social media
    For me, it is completely irrelevant. I don't use Twitter or whatever to find camgirls. Maybe to see content they don't post on sites. But if the girl does not exist on Twitter, it does not influence me. But I don't know, maybe other people value that.
    Jimmy Two Times said:
    Most of them have work Instagram accounts, but almost all are private. Additionally, only a few of the girls use OnlyFans.
    Of course. Otherwise, they would be banned from IG. If the account is owned by a person related to the adult industry, there is a big chance it will be shut down even if the account never posts anything.
    By the way, it is interesting that they were not banned from OnlyFans. After all, MFC's onwer also owns 75% of OnlyFans. Funny enough, he is Ukrainian from Odessa.

• So on Friday it will be 3 months, and I might as well end all the speculation. Allure Studio indeed was banned for having a man on camera. How do I know this? Because I was the one who reported it.

How did MFC know about AprilWong bringing a man into her room? It was me. How did MFC know about Allure Studio trying to bring banned and/or new models onto the site? It was me. I'll attach the emails and you can check the dates from when I sent these emails to when the accounts were blocked if you need verification.

Why did I do this? After talking to enough current and former models from the studio and hearing their complaints about the guy in the room with AprilWong, I felt something needed to be done. If the studio was going to turn a blind a eye to the guy (lets just call him "J" for sake of brevity) something drastic had to happen.

I was told by current models that they heard rumors about what J was doing with April. They told me they were afraid of what would happen if MyFreeCams caught them. That's when I started watching April's room closely. I was not really a fan of hers. I think she's the hottest at the studio, but as has been discussed in this thread before, she is just too difficult for me to deal with.

When I caught what was happening, I showed the former models from the studio that I know. They immediately recognized J in the screenshots and told me he has been trying to do this with the girls there for years.

I have been following this thread and have seen my screenshots used, which I am happy about. I passed these along to the models and told them they could use them as they see fit. If they passed them along and allowed other members to post them here, then that's a good thing to get the word out.

Anyway I was really pissed off hearing some of these stories. These girls have it hard enough doing this job in a country where porn is illegal, and the fact that J made these girls, who just want to make a living, uncomfortable while facing no repercussions is downright irresponsible.

So after seeing it happen twice in a week, I sent an email to MFC in January. Nothing happened that I saw after that first report. Did they get a warning? Maybe. I don't know for sure.

Over that time I heard more stories about J and another one of his male cohorts from the studio. Again, they made so many girls uncomfortable, and I heard this from multiple models, both past and current, so I wasn't just talking one or two girls possibly with a vendetta. 

When I saw it happen again, I sent MFC another email on February 22. And we all know what happened on February 23.

Did I expect the whole studio to get banned? Of course not. And I am sorry so models who did not break the rules got punished. However, these are the consequences that come when your house is in disarray and you do nothing to clean it up, like the leaders of the studio did and still have not.

J and April were so blatant in breaking the rules that they would have gotten caught anyway. This just helped speed up the process.

Now again, there has been no punishment toward the guilty party. The one who has made models lives miserable for years, and blatantly broke MFC rules. 

So yes, when I see a girl broadcasting from Allure Studio on MFC, I will continue to report them. They seem happy to continue breaking rules, when it was their own stupidity and lack of control that got them banned in the first place. I am fine with reporting them as long as J is around. Because when he and April are over, chances are he will go back to harassing and threatening a whole new batch of models.

The same lack of consequences for his treatment of models for sure helped form his thinking that he could get away with breaking MFC rules with no repercussions. All it would have taken to have prevented this from happening would be a little accountability.

So really, I just have to say "fuck them." I wish all the girls there hadn't been banned, but in the real world any successful business would have nipped this problem in the bud before it ever got to this point.

If the studio doesn't give a fuck about the well being of the girls, why should I give a fuck?

THE FIRST REPORT I SENT ABOUT APRIL AND J ON JANUARY 26. WERE THEY WARNED?

THE SECOND REPORT I SENT ABOUT APRIL AND J ON FEBRUARY 22. ALL ALLURE ACCOUNTS WERE BANED FEBRUARY 23.

THE REPORT I SENT ABOUT EVABUMM/GINASPADE ON APRIL 23. SHE WAS BANNED LATER THAT DAY.

THE REPORT I SENT ABOUT CHERIEDANE (SHOUTOUT TO THIS SITE FOR THE ADDITIONAL INFO) ON APRIL 24. SHE WAS BANNED LATER THAT DAY.

THE REPORT I SENT ABOUT SEXYSUSAN ON MAY 5. SHE WAS BANNED LATER THAT DAY.

ClarkWGriswoldPaulO
  • edited May 19
    People think themselves as righteous. In doing something they think they can justify the consequences as good or for the better. Maybe the whole story was not explained in detail. Maybe there was some information not apparent. Most of the girls had to struggle because someone thought they were doing the right thing. One girl breaking the rules and someone felt the need to tear down something bigger. Maybe there was action that needed to be taken, but could there of been a different course? I think there was one that had a difference with the studio and this feels more like revenge then justice. You spew your nonsense like you did a great thing. I think you took the cheap route and hurt others in the process.  You act like you did a great thing, but in reality, you just hurt many in the process.   

This really proves nothing. All Emails could of been faked. You spewing your nonsense just to take credit for getting a studio banned off a website. Nice hoax. If true, then a lot of people now know where to direct their hate. Some might think it good. Would you like a pat on the back, a clap of hands, a song sung for your righteous endeavors? Are you looking for people to curse you? Why take the credit for this? Do you just want attention?  Again, this seems like revenge and you are bragging about what you did, like you think you were in the right. Who is to say maybe you just caused a lot more issues. The guy still works there. Him and April have been informed to leave it outside the studio. So you caused a real headache and the ones responsible were lightly scolded and nothing more. Great job Keyser Söze. Here is a clap and a pat on the back. I am singing your praises for the Great Allure Ban. You really brought about great change and now the world is a better place because of you. Great job! 

Now these girls work on sites they despise. They now will conform or leave for something worse. All the change you brought about is for naught. The studio is still going strong and will keep going. For the owners this was a tiny bump in the road, for the girls,  a cliff they have to overcome or disappear. Who did you help Keyser Söze? What good did you do? All I've seen is the girls struggling to earn a wage, doing things they didn't have to do to earn a few dollars. Did you really help anyone? Did you bring about the change you were so hoping for? Did you really think this would of ended better? Do you even know the situation there and thought it was like other parts of the world? Maybe you should of emailed the authorities in Ukraine to get the studio shut down. Enough complaints and no amount of payoffs would of stopped it. This might of brought about the change you were looking for. 

Would I like to see some changes? Sure I would. I would like to see the girls paid more and the owners not making such a profit off them. I would like to see the studio trying to help these girls with different career options. Better education. I would like these girls to be in the safest environment possible. I have no delusions how it is for them. I wish them better treatment, but I also do not wish to see them hurt in the process. It's sad to say, but certain professions are dominated by men so it is almost impossible to have an all girl studio. I would like to see the owners of Allure try to replace these men with women. Make it even safer environment for them to work. It doesn't help that the owners live in a different country and cannot be there to regulate this better, leaving the girls to run themselves, almost powerless to stop the actions of one or two.